Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Llamas and more!

And so, just like that, the 9 weeks of the environment design class with Nathan Fowkes I was taking from Schoolism are over. I had a lot of fun with it, and had learned a lot during these 2,5 months. My final illustration is presented below, as well as colour studies and thumbnails. I really wanted to incorporate my knowledge from all three classes from Nathan I took since last spring (light and colour, as well as composition) into this one and I am fairly happy with how it turned out! Please zoom in to look at the picture properly in in full size.






Three weeks ago when I posted my previous entry in this blog, me and Seb were in Amsterdam, and we had an absolutely wonderful time there. In one of the days I had a chance to visit ARTIS, the Amsterdam zoo, which was a great thing to do! I like zoos in general, some more than others. and ARTIS for now is at the top of my personal rating - I liked the zoning, the landscape design of the premises and the souvenir shop was amazing (even if it might not be the first thing you look for in the zoo!). Here are some quick sketches I did there, practicing sketching with the brush pen (until I ran out of ink for it and had to switch to good old pencil). 
Sometimes in all the business of trying to work, study and in general being better artists, we loose sight of the other things we enjoy doing. Yesterday I finished a cross-stitch and it reminded me that hobbies are awesome! I think it is great when people find something they are passionate about and have different interests, and they do not necessarily have to overlap with their profession. I am always very excited to find out that the people surrounding me have the most interesting hobbies - collecting books and figurines, sculpting, hiking, free diving, scuba diving, singing, knitting, and even binge watching shows from Netflix. Happy people are very inspiring! On this note, I wanted to share my biggest cross-stitch project so far, a Harley Davidson I gave Seb for Christmas a couple of years ago :)




No comments:

Post a Comment