Friday, January 13, 2017

First attempt to designing a character or 8 weeks of reasons to study anatomy

We had to rebook our flights, and I'm deprived of my working space for several more days, so it's time to share some more works from the past term, while I have not done much new stuff to publish. 
Character Design for Films and Games with Marco Nelor was a great great course, but a very challenging one. I actually received an email from CGMA coordinator yesterday, saying the CGMA team was very impressed with my group's works (most of them were awesome indeed!), and they want to feature some works (including mine) in their Blog. I don't know any more details, but I will post a link here if this happens.
This course went hand in hand with creature design course I shared works of before. Thubmnailing, line work, head studies, some prop design, leading to a final presentation. Through most of the 8 weeks, both Marco and my inner voice was repeating - anatomy, anatomy, anatomy.. It is a true challenge designing a character when your poor anatomy knowledge constantly pulls you back. I still consider it a good start though. So much to learn, so many things to get better at!
So, here he is, Sargas, maori inspired melee warlock. Probably the most challenging type of character I could choose for myself out of a "client brief" apart from sci-fi heroes.







No comments:

Post a Comment