Friday, January 20, 2017

The beginning of my Schoolism journey

First works I did for Nathan Fowkes's classes on Schoolism: color and compositional studies and a Dreamworks 3d rough cut paint over. Every week Nathan is spending from 20 to 30+ minutes critiquing an assignment - painting over, showing and explaining things you could personally benefit from. Meaning, for me, it's 40-60 minutes of individual critique per week, since I'm taking two of his classes. It's the most I've gotten since I started taking online classes. I'm super impressed with the quality of information, and excited for the upcoming weeks! It seems that even after just a week of daily colour studies, painting has gotten easier. Magic of mileage!




As this blog is an honest collection of what I do to track my progress - here are my quite bad compositions on "unity with variety". Hopefully looking back at these in a year I will have some better works to compare them to :)


No comments:

Post a Comment