Saturday, February 11, 2017

A Cat in a Hat

Here's my homework for this week's Light and Colour class. We had to create an illustration and go a bit further with it than a colour script painting. I think I am at the point now where I got so much amazing useful information, my whole understanding of how colour and light work changed, but in practice my old habits still persist, and some important stuff just slips away. If you are learning, like me, you must know the feeling when you know something's not right about the work you've just done, but you can't quite figure our what exactly. Sometimes tweaking adjustment layers can suddenly make things better, but sometimes you just let it be. And later, when someone points out this little detail that you overlooked, you feel like it's so simple, you just don't understand how you didn't notice it before. Well, I find it really, really exciting to be at this stage :) Every week there's something new I'm trying to focus on, and hopefully with time it will just all come together. 




This week's challenge topic was dynamic anatomy sketching, which I thought was great, so I went back to Michael Hampton's lectures and his book. I started with more sketches, and some construction drawings, before I'd go on to more detailed body parts and muscle studies. This was a lot of fun! For me quick timed gesture sketches are a great way to relax.





P. S. After watching a video from my lovely FZD ex-groupmates' graduation ceremony, I decided to go back and look at my FZD entry test, and the works I've submitted as my "portfolio" to get into the school a year ago. It made me see the progress I've made in a year, and I'm ready to jump into some more work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment