Friday, March 17, 2017

Schoolism finals, and the road ahead

So it's been almost a month since my last post, and I've been doing work on my finals for Nathan's courses, as well as some other important non art-related stuff. And just like that, the 9 weeks of the courses are over, and I'm very happy with the results, and looking forward to studying with Nathan again in August (I am taking his Environment Design class). It's been an incredible journey, it's been tough at times but very rewarding! I received some questions about the classes I've been taking, and I just want to say that I would advise Nathan's classes to anyone who is interested in introducing better feel of colour, light and composition in their work. I've always been interested in making my pictures look appealing not just through their content and thought put behind, but also through their illustrative qualities, and I think what I've learned in the last 9 weeks will definitely help me understand the life around me better, and hopefully become a bit better artist.

So here are my final illustrations, and below are colour keys for them, and some exploratory thumbnails.








And here is my first ever quick sculpt at ZBrush. It was a lot of fun, though getting through the interface was a challenge, and sometimes I still find myself pressing random keys and having to restart the program, cause I don't know how to get back... but I'm excited to have more time to dig into 3d now. The big goal for the next 2-3 months, while we are traveling from Singapore to New Zealand, and then to Russia, is to create a portfolio project (or a couple of them) that would let me apply for a job back in Moscow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment