Friday, September 1, 2017

Sketches dump

So it's been 3 months we are in Moscow and we are all settled now! It's nice to be back in Russia, but also quite challenging starting a life in a new (although familiar) place all over again. I haven't posted in a while, but thought it's time to gather and post a portion of sketches and studies I've done lately. 
In the past weeks for the first time in my life I had a chance to visit life figure drawing sessions held at a studio of a Russian artist I've been following for a couple of years now. It's been a great experience sketching from life using different materials, as well as getting to know people from the Russian art community (the models were absolutely gorgeous as well - cosplaying game and animation characters and viking shield maidens). I've also been digging into analytical studies of the head, following Michael Hampton's tips.


A month ago we traveled to Canada for our friends' wedding, and after the wedding events were over we had some time to walk around Ottawa museums, including Canada Aviation and Space Museum and an exhibit on the history of horse carriages in Canada, which I absolutely loved. I took lots of photos and done some quick sketches of planes for the first time after fzd! Overall it was an amazing and inspiring time in Canada.. and those beavertails, they are to die for!

It's been 4 weeks now since the start of the Environment Design class with Nathan Fowkes I'm taking, and I will share what I've done for my this course so far in the next post. Have a wonderful weekend ahead everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment